Welcome to the Learning Design Services site, developed to articulate the many possibilities faculty have to interact with the Learning Design Team. Our goal is to move away from a simple transactional interaction with faculty to one that focuses on creating a transformative teaching and learning experience for Baylor faculty and students. In part, the LD Team believes strongly that transformational teaching and learning is a journey that is best fostered through positive one-on-one collaborations with faculty and other key stakeholders across a number of topics. Our services build upon our mission statement:
Baylor's Learning Design team cultivates a culture of innovation and curiosity through meaningful engagements with Baylor faculty that in the end will “...educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community”
Mission and Philosophy
The mission of the Learning Design Team is to cultivate a culture of innovation and curiosity through meaningful engagements with Baylor faculty that in the end will “…educate men and women for worldwide leadership and service by integrating academic excellence and Christian commitment within a caring community – Baylor Mission Statement.” The Learning Design team strives to achieve this mission by:
- Advocating for and applying modern and creative technology enhanced learning strategies across multiple learning environments.
- Providing exceptional service to the Baylor community through the caring power of “Wow.”
- Creatively connecting and collaborating with any and all members of the Baylor community.
- Exploring the literature to ensure that guidance is grounded in research and best practices.
- Pursuing our own professional development to keep abreast of modern teaching strategies and technologies.
- Delivering best in practice workshops, course designs, templates and eLearning experiences.
- Offering consultative course reviews and feedback as part of an iterative process of course development
Professional Development Opportunities
Academic Technology Learning Design Fellows Program
Each summer, Academic Technology Learning Design offers two teaching fellowships to encourage the creation of quality online courses with the assistance of an instructional designer for use in Baylor graduate and undergraduate curricula. (Applications not currently being accepted.)
Instructional Design Resources
Through group workshops, individual consultations, and other events, our instructional designers help faculty and graduate students develop content for fully online and hybrid courses in keeping with sound pedagogical practice. We also create media-based instructional components for classes.
Canvas Course Design Templates